The road to Ben Nevis Nov 2009

The road to Ben Nevis Nov 2009
The road to Ben Nevis Nov 2009

Search This Blog

Sunday 13 May 2012

Day 2 TGOC

Day 2 had been rationised (ie shortened) on the advice of my vetter. So although I was a few km behind I should be able to catch up.

Saturday was the one day with a good weather forecast before gales on Sunday so I wanted to make the most of it.

As I marched along the ridge I realised there was a little top just after the spot where I should head for the valley. Sgurr nadh Aide was added to the list.

Descending trackless always takes longer than expected and despite a 7 oclock start I didn't the valley and the beginning of my route until after 10.30.

An hour later I was on the side track heading up to the bealach between Sgurr na Ciche and Garbh Chioc Mor. Slow going with my pack on my back over rough country, I was glad to leave it at the pass while I moved to the top of the first munro. Snow underfoot covered with cloud and blowing a gale this was not a spot to linger.
Sent from my mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment